2020 Video Marketing Strategy: The Complete Guide
Imagining a successful marketing campaign without videos nowadays. It is almost impossible. In
the United States alone, the video marketing industry is worth $135 billion. If you are someone
who has never created any video for their brand and wants to do so, you have arrived at the
perfect spot. In this blog, we will discuss the ins and outs of video marketing and how you can
use it effectively in your sales funnel.
How to Create a Video Marketing Strategy?
Proper planning and research are the first and foremost thing to do to draft a successful video
a marketing strategy that you can read here.
You should figure out things like the budget of video, its timelines, production processes,
analytics, and so on. Let’s look at the specifics now:
1. Define your video goals: What’s the benefit of all the efforts if you don’t know why you are doing it exactly for! Outlining the purposes of the videos is a crucial step for any marketing campaign. There are various sales stages like awareness, consideration, decision, and others to make videos. Awareness videos can attract new customers, while consideration videos are great for engagement, and decision stage videos come in handy for conversions. Decide your goals wisely for better
1. Define your video goals: What’s the benefit of all the efforts if you don’t know why you are doing it exactly for! Outlining the purposes of the videos is a crucial step for any marketing campaign. There are various sales stages like awareness, consideration, decision, and others to make videos. Awareness videos can attract new customers, while consideration videos are great for engagement, and decision stage videos come in handy for conversions. Decide your goals wisely for b traction.
2. Figure out your targeted audience: Since you have decided on the video goal, it’s time to figure the targeted audience. Without a specific audience group in mind, your video may land flat. So how can you find the target audience for your product? The trick is to develop the buyer’s persona. There are three basic questions that you should see the answer to finalize your audience strategy.
● For whom your product or service is?
● What is the purpose of your video?
● Where does your target audience hang out?
1. Always try to tell a story:
One of the toughest yet the exciting part of marketing is to
say to a brand story. However, the standard process of storytelling applies here. Here is
how you can leverage that:
● A leading character with a goal – That’s your targeted audience.
● Conflict – The pain point of the customer.
● Quest – The quest is how you introduce the product or service.
● Resolution – How your product or service helps the audience in tackling their
Just try to align every element in the context of your brand’s mission. Another important aspect is how you want the audience to react; do you want them to laugh, get inspired, be emotional, and view your video. Try to set the mood of videos in a way that matches your desired audience reaction.
1. Be creative:
Being consistent and creative is utterly crucial for a successful video
marketing campaign. You should schedule a proper timing for uploading the video.
Always remember that just like an offline marketing campaign, the digital one too takes
2. Stick to the timeline:
Maintaining a proper timeline for video production, distribution,
and other crucial steps for also important. It serves as the guiding light for your
3. Have a realistic budget:
With an unlimited budget, you can even make somewhat like
Oscar-winning videos. However, that's not the case, even for big companies and brands.
Every organization has a limited budget for videos, and one must plan how to use it
effectively. If you have budget constraints, try to make DIY videos and use online video
editing software like InVideo to give it a professional touch.
Effect of Videos on Brands SEO
Do you know that Google search algorithms prioritize web pages with the video? Along with
that, videos help websites in better ranking and make your snippet more eye-catching. It lowers
the bounce rates, and viewers spend 2X time on pages with video than those who don’t have
videos. Here are some tips for leveraging videos for better SEO.
● Use videos on your website: Use videos on the website prominently for better SEO and
bounce rate reduction. You can also include videos in blog posts.
● Embed your video: Posting the video on the blank page won’t do much. However,
embedding it in relevant pages can do wonders for your marketing efforts. Make sure
that the content in those pages complements the video content.
● Don’t forget the details: There is a technical part of SEO as well. And that is true for
videos as well. While posting videos on your site, include technical details like title,
description, tags, and annotations prominently for higher SEO.
Measure the Return on Investment of Videos
Once your campaign is live and running, analytics is crucial to ensure that the campaign is going
in the right direction. It is quite possible that every metric might not directly reflect in the form
of revenue. Metrics like brand recognition and engagement pay off in the long term. Several
analytics tools, like Google Analytics or YouTube Analytics can leverage to get the most reliable
information from your video campaigns.
Social media platforms, too, have dedicated analytics tools. It will give you the overall picture of
metrics relevant to your marketing efforts. These insights will aid you in adjusting your future
video strategy. Metrics like view-through rate will help you change the proper length of the
video, audience demographics can assist in aligning the content, characters, and voice-over,
and most successful distribution can give you an idea of which platform to prioritize for video
For medium and small brands, the growth of video marketing has provided a peculiar option for
uniquely telling their brand story. In 2020, the consumption of video has shown unprecedented
growth. You should take full advantage of the opportunity and should start making videos as
soon as possible. Now-a-day, making videos is not that complex a task. Just use any online and
offline tool to make videos easily. With videos in your marketing funnels, you can get the
audience engagement and brand awareness that you have always dreamed of.