What you can do after your diploma in Psychology course?
At present, psychology is a promising career and pays better remuneration.
However, you must be curious and genuinely interested in exploring human
behaviour to make a career in this field. Psychology is the study of the human’s mind, behaviour, emotions, feelings, and ideas scientifically. Psychology also plays a vital role in influencing other people and society at large. Studying psychology helps individuals to know themselves in a better way and explore the world.
The Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) conducted a poll on behaviour and
attitudes in 2020. The PSI found that Ireland is suffering from a shortage of
psychologists in the healthcare and education sectors. Around 83 percent of
respondents revealed a shortage of psychologists in the healthcare sector, while 74 percent reported the need for psychologists in the education sector.
From businesses to education, psychologists are in huge demand today. On the contrary, the result shows that Ireland is short of psychologists to meet the growing demand. Thus, it is the right time to obtain a diploma in a psychology course. The course also offers various roles for psychology graduates.
Careers in Psychology
1. Career Counsellor: Many of us often confuse about choosing the right career path for a better future. Then we approach career counsellors to guide us.
They help us understand our interest area, strengths and weaknesses and
show their importance and requirement in our lives.
2. Clinical Psychologist: When we go through some mental disorder,
emotional weakness or illness, we look for someone who can comfort us and
understand us in a better manner. At this stage, mental health professionals
like clinical psychologists diagnose the ailments and provide us treatment.
3. Market Research Analyst: A market research analysts primary role is to read consumer behaviour and access their preferences. The analysis done by market research analysts helps organisations to advertise and market the
4. Educational Psychologist: In this job, professionals continuously work
towards improving the learning experiences of the students. They also
counsel students to help them in grasping education properly.
5. Social Worker: These professionals work for the betterment of society. They deal with social issues like poverty, unemployment and education. They
motivate people psychologically and help them in moving ahead.
6. Human Resource Manager: Human Resource Managers are in massive
demand to onboard the best talent in the market for an organisation. They take interviews and understand the motive of job applicants for joining the
7. Research roles: The research role in psychology helps us understand
peoples actions and thoughts in specific ways. They work towards improving mental health, relationships and employment. They also try to increase the abilities to cope and work under pressure. They also work on understanding humanity better.
Psychology is a lucrative career and has broad career prospects. It is one of the most in-demand jobs and makes you employable on a global scale. So, enrol in the programme today for an advanced career in the future.