Tips to Hire Wedding Reception Caterers
Wedding receptions are special, as they bring friends and families together to enjoy the time with newlywed couples.
These receptions take place after the hectic wedding rituals, and it is the time for everyone to enjoy the food and relax. Food and decoration are crucial in these receptions and therefore wedding reception caterers are so important.
Tips that will help you hire the best caterers for your wedding reception:
● Meet in person: These days’, mobiles and the internet have made everything simple. People search for the services they need, they read reviews and see the ratings, and call the person and hire. But is that sufficient, are all the reviews on the internet authentic? There is no guarantee to these questions.
Thus, in-person meetings are crucial. These meetings help you in finding the reality as well as filling in the communication gaps that otherwise can create disaster. Once you meet the wedding reception caterers in person, you will also feel more confident about them. Thus, before you hire anyone, make sure you meet them once.
● Ensure they’re organized and hygienic: When you meet them in person, you will see the condition of
their office and kitchen. It will give you an idea about how good they are in organizing their own things. If
their kitchen and office are messy, it will be a bad idea to hire them. Because these are the traits that will
also affect your event.
● Timely response: Another important thing to judge is the time they take to respond to you. When you call them to ask your queries, do they answer you at the same time? If they said they will get back to you in some time, Did they get back to you as per their commitment? Were they able to answer all your queries efficiently? If yes, then you can go ahead with the next part. But if they failed at this basic level, then don’t think of hiring them, because this is the attitude they will carry in your event as well and will spoil it.
● Read the final proposal: Unless you make and sign the final proposal, don’t start the work. You should read and review the entire details of your proposal. You should see the expenditure heads, and find out if the tax is included or excluded in the final deal. Make sure to check if you have to tip the staff or not. You should also compare the cost and proposals from different wedding reception caterers. It will help you in getting the best proposal.
● Check the Special Requirements: You should ask the caterers if they can provide you with the special diet food or not. For example, if you have diabetic guests, then will they be able to provide the food according to them? Check with them if they will be able to face and deal with sudden onsite changes? Will they be able to deal with the delays in the event? Can they provide you alcoholic beverages? These are many questions that
you should ask about your catering services before you hire them.
● Meet the person in charge: There will be many staff members who will be working to make your event successful. But will you have to deal with all of them individually? In that case, you will go crazy. It is always best to have an assigned manager for every project. They will answer and resolve all your queries. Therefore, you must meet them in person and make sure you are comfortable in dealing with them.
So, these were a few tips to hire the best wedding reception, caterers. Follow them to ensure that your reception goes as per the plans.