If your iPhone shows no service after you see an error notification or can’t attend or make calls, there can be different potential problems. There might be service issues like a problem with the cellphone carrier’s service plan, a phone hardware problem, or a configuration setting issue.
Why your iPhone keeps saying “No Service.”
There’s no one reason an iPhone might say it has no service, so you must figure out what’s wrong by trying the easiest and most likely solutions first.
Changes to simple settings, like Airplane Mode or carrier settings, can cause service interruptions. Sometimes, your cell phone service provider will need to send you a software update to update the iPhone’s cellular settings. SIM cards need to be reset or replaced less often. There could also be a problem with your cell phone service plan how to reset iphone.
What kind of iPhone should you get?
- iphone 13
- iphone 12
- iphone 13 pro max
- find my iphone
- iphone 12 pro max
- iphone se
- iphone xr
- iphone 14
- iphone x
How to fix an iPhone that has no service
Before making changes to your iPhone’s settings or doing more time-consuming troubleshooting tasks, you may be able to fix the problem quickly by taking a few simple steps how to factory reset iphone. If those don’t fix the problem, try more complicated solutions.
- Ensure the phone isn’t set to “Airplane Mode.” In Airplane Mode, both cellular and Wi-Fi services are turned off. If there is an airplane icon in the upper-right corner of the iPhone screen, where the signal strength bars usually are, the phone is in Airplane Mode.
- Turn off and on your cell phone’s data connection. Sometimes, turning off and then on your cell phone service fixes the problem. This is especially true if you are on the edge of a service area or lost service and should be back in service. Make sure Cellular Data is turned on by going to Settings > Cellular. If it is on, turn it off and on again.
Tip: To do the same thing, turn Airplane Mode on and off again.
- Make sure you are in an area where the service works. You might not have service if you’re deep inside an underground building or in the middle of nowhere. Check the upper right corner of the screen for signal strength bars.
- Turn the phone back on. Like turning on and off Airplane Mode, a full restart of the iPhone could wake up your cellular service and get it back to normal.
- If your service is bad, turn on Wi-Fi Calling. If you spend a lot of time in a place, like your home, where you often have poor or no service, you can turn on Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone. This is a great solution if you move into a new house or apartment and find that your wireless provider doesn’t have service there.
Tip: If you live in an area with no cell service, you might want to buy a signal booster for your home. This boosts the cell signal so you can use your iPhone normally. Signal boosters can be bought at stores and from most cell phone companies.
- See if your carrier’s settings have been updated. Carrier updates can sometimes make it harder for a device to connect to a cellular network. There’s a chance that a new update you put on your iPhone could change how your service works.
- Reset the settings for the network. The settings on your iPhone may have been changed in a way that makes it impossible for you to get cellular service. Put it back to how it was when it left the factory.
- Take out the SIM card and put it back in. It’s possible that the SIM card isn’t working right, either because it’s not in properly or because it’s broken. Check it for damage and clean it gently by blowing on it or wiping it with a cotton swab or cloth. Then put it back where it belongs.
- Talk to your service provider. If you still don’t have service, call your cell phone company and ask if there are any outages in your area, problems with your plan, or if your device is blocked.
|Customer Care Contacts for Major Cellular Providers|
- Get Apple to fix your iPhone. Call Apple support to see if your iPhone is broken or if nothing else works. There are a few things you can’t fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix water damage on my iPhone?
To dry and fix a wet iPhone, apple iphone service center take off the case, shake out the water, and wipe it with a dry cloth. Take out the SIM card and put the phone somewhere dry. You can also put the iPhone in rice or silica gel packets. Newer iPhones are less likely to break when they get wet and are better able to handle water damage.
How do I fix an iPhone’s charging port?
If your iPhone isn’t charging right, you can try to clean the charging port. It’s best to take it to Apple or a professional repair shop. You can also try compressed air (Apple doesn’t recommend this, so you’re taking a risk), a toothpick, or a hand-held vacuum to remove debris.
How do I fix the screen on my iPhone?
The screen on your iPhone will need to be fixed by a pro. You can take it to Apple or a certified professional for the best iPhone screen repair. You should have a warranty, AppleCare, apple iphone service centre or insurance, at the very least. Check to see if you can upgrade to a newer model at a discount.