Even if you have a strong internet connection, Spotify Error code 4 will persist. We feel your suffering if you have a Spotify subscription. Allow us to assist you in resolving the issue.
What is Spotify error code 4?
Spotify error code 4 is primarily caused by a failure to connect to your ISP’s DNS server. As a result, the app believes there is no internet connection even though there is. To do so, we must fix connectivity issues with our devices.
1. Allow Spotify to pass past your firewall.
- Type firewall into the search box in the start menu.
- Select Firewall and Network protection from the drop-down menus.
- Navigate to the following section and click on Allow app through firewall.
- A window will appear; click Change Settings.
- Now, go to Spotify and tick the box next to private, then click OK.
2. Turn off your antivirus software.
An antivirus program is frequently the cause of Spotify’s inability to connect to the internet.
To test this, disable your antivirus software and relaunch Spotify to see if the problem has been resolved.
3. Modify your DNS settings
This is one of the most effective strategies for settling difficulties once and for all. Make sure you follow the steps correctly:
- Enter network into the start menu.
- Select the network status.
- Change Adapter Settings is located at the bottom of the page.
- Select the network that you use to access the internet.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Select Properties from the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) drop-down menu.
- Choose the
- Use the DNS server addresses listed below.
- Enter 8.8.8 as the preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 as the alternate DNS server.
- Click OK to see if the Spotify problem has been fixed.
4. Modify the Spotify app proxy settings to Fix Spotify Error Code 4
- Launch Spotify and go to the settings menu.
- Select Show Advanced Settings.
- Select Auto Select from the drop-down menu in proxy settings, and then click update proxy.
5. Install Spotify again
Last but not least, uninstall and reinstall Spotify. There could be a problem with the app itself, or the developer could have released a new software version. It is preferable to delete the software altogether (don’t forget to backup your playlists) and then reinstall it. Check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
These are some solutions to the Fix Spotify Error Code 4 problem. I hope this was helpful. Let us know which method worked best for you in the comments section.