Netflix has been offering the best value since its inception. But as a Mac user, you can be disappointed with the fact that Netflix has not yet released an app for macOS. However, you can watch Netflix movies and other content on a web browser like Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or, preferably, a Netflix downloader.
If you have a Netflix subscription, here’s how to enjoy your favourite Netflix video titles on Windows, Android, and iOS devices. Let’s explore the best Netflix video downloader, their pros and cons, and find out which one meets your requirements.
How to Download Netflix Movies on Windows, Android and iOS
From exclusive originals to spine-chilling documentaries, series, TV shows, and movies, Netflix has everything necessary for a warm weekend. Before you set out to find the most promising Netflix downloader, here we have listed the five best Netflix downloaders to help you enjoy your uncompromised entertainment offline.
On Windows PC
Download and install the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store to download movies and log in to your Netflix account.
Step 1: Run and launch the Netflix on your Windows laptop and select the movie title you want to download.
Step 2: Select the Download button to download and save offline the chosen movie title.
Step 3: Check the available titles by clicking the hamburger menu in the app’s upper-left corner.
Step 4: Navigate to the bottom and click Available for Download. Browse the entire listing available for download.
Step 5: Check all your downloads by clicking the hamburger menu and opening My Downloads.
On Android, iPhone and iPad
Step 1: Launch and open the Netflix app on your phone and move to the movie/TV show you want to download.
Step 2: Tap the Search button in the upper-right corner to quickly search for the movie you desire to download.
Step 3: Select the Download icon (downward arrow) to download and save the movie offline.
Cons of Downloading Movies and TV Shows from Netflix
- Netflix app is unavailable for Mac users
- Not all video titles are available for download
- Downloaded videos expire after 7 to 30 days and 48 hours after being watched
- Once the licensing agreement expires, your downloaded video will leave the streaming service
- The downloaded titles are saved in the Netflix app only and cannot be transferred to other devices and media players
- You cannot change the audio track and subtitle language in your downloaded Netflix titles.
- You cannot download a video with a Netflix “Basic with Ads” plan
- You can easily download up to 100 active titles at once per device
5 Best Netflix Downloaders with introduction, pros and cons
As you know, Netflix has limitations; you may need a capable and worthy Netflix downloader to make the most of your chosen video tiles to enjoy them on your terms. Before picking a suitable Netflix downloader, be sure to evaluate it in terms of download quality, output video format, download speed, ease of use, selection of audio tracks and subtitle language, and price.
1. StreamFab Netflix Downloader
StreamFab Netflix Downloader offers a built-in Netflix website to directly log in and find your recently watched videos for direct downloads. You can download and watch offline your favorite Netflix movies, TV shows, documentaries, and series in high quality in MP4 format, preserving the audio at 320kbps.
- Supports bulk video downloads at the same time
- Downloads videos to devices in MP4 file format
- Automatically downloads newly-released episodes at the scheduled time
- Offers multiple languages for audio and subtitles
- Support Mac, Windows and Android system
- The free version has limited features
2. FreeGrabApp Netflix Downloader
FreeGrabApp Netflix Downloader is another versatile software to download and save your cherished Netflix movies and TV shows. Its user-friendly interface and intuitive features help keep the selected content accessible for offline viewing. You can also set the preferred audio tracks and subtitles for an enriching viewing experience.
- Downloads Netflix videos in MKV and MP4 formats
- Preserves the original audio tracks and subtitles
- Downloads bulk videos, i.e., up to 10 Netflix videos simultaneously
- Easy-to-navigate and simple-to-use software
- You must upgrade to the pro version to unlock advanced features
- Downloaded content might not match the original streaming quality
3. FlixiCam Netflix Video Downloader
FlixiCam Netflix Video Downloader stands out as one of the best video downloaders as it has embedded the official Netflix browser. After you log into your Netflix account, you can download Netflix videos for offline viewing. Download and save high-quality Netflix videos in high-resolution and MKV/MP4 formats in bulk quantity.
- Downloads Netflix videos in 720p HD and up to 1080p full HD resolution
- Customize preferred audio tracks and subtitles
- Intuitive interface and lightweight design
- Supports downloading Netflix shows in bulk to save time
- Availability varies by OS
- No free version available: Requires purchase
4. Kigo Netflix Video Downloader
Kigo Netflix Video Downloader can be your excellent choice to watch Netflix videos offline. Its smart search feature helps you find the Netflix video to be downloaded with the video or URL. Moreover, it saves your chosen video in full HD resolution in MKV or MP4 format to be compatible with almost all devices and media players.
- Downloads 720p/1080p video for better viewing
- Downloads content effectively at a fast speed
- It supports selecting audio tracks and subtitles
- Offers intuitive interface suitable for all users
- Lacks a free purchase, requires purchase
- It may violate Netflix’s terms and copyright laws
5. Audials Movie
Audials Movie is a bit different software than the ones listed above. Instead of downloading your favorite Netflix video titles, it records them to keep your videos forever. It supports streaming platforms, podcasts, live TV shows from Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc. It records Netflix videos in 1080p resolution and saves them in MP4. Once recorded, you can even edit the recorded video too.
- Supports music, podcasts, video playing, and recording
- Offers batch video recording for time-saving
- Records Netflix videos with 1080p full HD quality and MP3 with 320kbps quality
- Supports recording subtitle
- Available only on Windows 10/11 OS
- You must play the whole video to record it. So you cannot use other PC functions
Despite being a reading service provider, Netflix has many limits on the download feature to protect the rights of copyright owners. We have listed the limitations that you may face while using the app. However, to make your video-viewing experience worth the time, we recommend you go for a Netflix downloader. These video downloaders curb the Netflix restrictions and dive you into a world of limitless entertainment. Pick any from our list of Netflix downloaders based on their features, pros, and cons.