How To Convert Emails from PST to MBOX Automatically
‘My system is loaded with corrupt PST files. I wishfully want to export PST to MBOX using a secure method. Is there a possible way to resolve this’.
The difference in file formats is a long term issue. It is considered a problem because each file format supports a distinct Mail client. If the file format mismatches the specification of a mail client, then that extension file certainly can’t be accessed. To prevent such an issue, one needs to convert the file extension into another. Here, we are going to look at the methods to export files from PST to MBOX with the help of various approaches that include manual as well as professional solutions.
However, the migration process depends on what kind of operating system the user has. If the user has a Mac operating system then he/she must use the First Approach. Likewise, if the user has a Windows operating system, then the user must use the Second Approach. Moreover, if both the approaches don’t give out satisfactory results, then you should use the third-party software for Outlook PST file conversion.
Now, let’s look at the profound ways to convert PST files into MBOX format using the 3 best possible approaches.
3 Methods to Convert PST to MBOX Thunderbird
Method 1: Import MBOX to Outlook Mac
Go through these steps to convert PST to MBOX files on Mac:
- First, open the Mac Outlook 2016 or 2011 version on your Mac PC.
- Now, redirect to the File menu and then tap the Import option.
- Then pick the “Outlook Data File (.pst or .olm)” option and then hit on the arrow facing the right side.
- Now, opt Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) -> hit the right-arrow icon.
- Then, navigate to the location of the PST file and choose it.
- Next, tap the Import button, and the PST file will directly import to Mac Outlook.
- After this, launch the home screen of your Mac Outlook and in the My Computer section, the imported file will be displayed.
- In the end, drag this folder to the Mac desktop and the file will automatically get stored in the MBOX file format. This file can furthermore be migrated into Mac Mail using its basic import technique.
Remember: This process allows the migration of a single PST file at a time. Besides, the users must install Outlook Mac on the Mac PC, if not yet installed.
This approach will certainly help a user to export PST to MBOX if the steps are followed serially.
Method 2: Convert PST to MBOX Online Windows
As there is no direct approach available to import PST files to MBOX format. So, try exporting these Outlook PST files to MBOX format using a webmail client. Here, we will take the Thunderbird mail client as the migration medium.
- First of all, enter Default App Settings in the navigation bar of your Windows system and tap the search result.
- Now, the list of Default Applications will popup on your screen. Confirm if Outlook is the default application for email. If not, tap on the email that is the default, and from the provided list, opt Outlook. Thus, MS Outlook will become your default mail application.
- Then, launch the Mozilla Thunderbird application and tap on the Tools option from the Menu bar. From the following list, tap Import.
- Now, hit the radio button next to the ‘Mail’ option from the dialogue box and then press Next.
- Next, choose the Outlook radio button and then tap Next -> hit the Finish button. When all your desired data have been successfully imported to the Thunderbird mail client, then launch Default Apps Setting again. Make sure Thunderbird is set as the default email for the system.
- Then, relaunch Thunderbird, and you will be able to view all the folders containing Outlook data. Redirect to the Tools menu -> tap ImportExportTools -> hit Export folder (.zip) and pick an appropriate location for the file.
- In the end, pull out the ZIP file and you will receive the MBOX files. Simply export these MBOX files to a Mac PC. The files can then further be imported into the supportive mail client.
Remember: This lengthy procedure might take some extra time to migrate the PST files into MBOX with Thunderbird. Moreover, the process requires the installation of a Thunderbird mail client on the Windows PC. Hence, it is advised to use professional software for easy & fast conversion of your Outlook emails.
Method 3: Using PST to MBOX Converter
As both the above approaches give out the solution using mail clients as a medium, many individuals might confuse while performing the steps. To ease out the migration, one can take the help of an Automated Solution. The method that eases out the solution at best is PST to MBOX Converter. Below mentioned are some significant attributes this tool comprises.
- The tool is capable of converting PST files into distinct file formats like MBOX, HTML, TXT, EML, HTML, PDF, etc.
- Affirmatively migrates PST files to multiple webmail clients such as Thunderbird, Gmail, Office 365, AOL, Yahoo Mail, Opera Mail, etc. without hassle
- Ensures 100% safe conversion without any data modification.
- Permits a user to convert both normal as well as corrupt Outlook PST files.
- Allows the deletion of emails after download.
- The Date Range filter displays the emails falling under a specific time-range.
- Enhanced GUI makes it easier for an individual to navigate accordingly.
- Support all the versions of the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Compatible with all the versions of Windows and Mac operating system.
- The Demo version of the software offers free conversion of 50 PST email files.
Using the above approaches might save trouble for users to export PST to MBOX. Although, it depends on the user how he/she wishes to migrate these PST files. There are two possibilities, either the user will find the same outcome from all the above approaches or might receive a different outcome in the end. Besides, it is considered best to use the professional approach, if the user is even 1% not sure about the chosen migration method. Thanks for reading this article, I hope you found it useful & interesting.