Testing Workday tenants ensures that all of your critical processes are operational. A bug-free Workday application also gives a better user experience, a higher ROI, and wider adoption. As a result, testing is closely related to the success of a business.
Testing serves as a quality assurance gate for all of your requirements, allowing you to take action as soon as something fails.
Testing Workday integration is vital for getting the most out of your Workday application and its integrated applications. Workday automated testing tools serve as a quality assurance gate for all of your requirements, allowing you to take action as soon as something fails.
Your Workday application must be regularly updated to reflect the most recent market developments. Testing guarantees that everything works properly, whether your firm establishes new business processes with new Workday integrations, adjusts existing ones, or kills old ones.
Workday has two major releases each year that, while thoroughly evaluated by Workday, may have an unanticipated impact on customized workflows. As a result, testing mission-critical operations in the new release environment is vital to ensuring that everything functions as intended when the release goes live.
Testing will ensure that your business processes, integrations, security, and reporting are working properly, whether for a fresh Workday implementation, continual ad-hoc maintenance, or a new update release.
Workday integration testing guidelines
When developing a testing approach, a quandary arises: should I automate or not?
Incorrect testing may slow down the installation of your Workday application. Manually repeating tests takes time and is prone to error. In contrast, automation allows you to increase the breadth, depth, and consistency of your test cases. You may speed up the testing process by running many tests in parallel and automating test adjustments at scale.
Furthermore, automation frees up resources, so even if testing grows, the number of resources does not have to. Test automation always beats manual testing because it minimizes risk, saves money, and speeds up execution.
- By choosing test automation over manual automation, you will save time and money when testing Workday integrations.
- Make available important firm assets
- Boost your confidence in your deployment and any future customizations.
How to Select the Best Workday Testing Tool
- Businesses should look for a technology created specifically for Workday test automation because constructing an in-house Workday test automation solution is neither possible nor cost-effective. The following are some of the tool’s features:
- Business users should be able to test across Workday and E2E applications on the database, UI, and API layers using the tool.
- The tool should be able to test both historical and current applications, including mainframe and mobile applications.
- To provide consistent data for your business needs, the tool must do data testing, validation, and reconciliation across Workday and other related technologies.
- The tool must be able to handle test data, create test cases, and perform risk-based testing.
Opkey for Workday Testing
Opkey’s Workday test automation solution includes several features that make it the best option for firms looking to streamline their Workday testing.
Workday testing with no code
Opkey is test automation software that requires no coding. It’s straightforward to use for business analysts, end users, manual testers, and stakeholders who don’t know how to code. Furthermore, Opkey’s built-in intelligence assesses the test stages and automatically generates automation scripts with a single click.
Test accelerators that have already been developed
To relieve the burden on subject matter experts, Opkey offers accelerators for functional, regression, performance, and security testing. Business users no longer need to start from scratch, which reduces test script design time and effort by more than 70%.
End-to-end integration testing
Opkey offers full-stack automated testing across a wide range of technologies and stages of the development lifecycle. Opkey also integrates with the most common DevOps tools on the market. Opkey’s automated testing platform eliminates the need for multiple testing platforms for each integrated application.
Enhanced risk coverage through test discovery
Opkey’s test discovery functionality searches your Workday environment for previously executed tests (both manual and automated). Finds flaws in your business processes and ensures complete testing coverage.